Lose Weight, Feel Great
Today's world is geared to teach us to compare ourselves to impossible standards. Social media is not real and we have an epidemic in this country of comparing our everyday self to someone else's photoshopped best image. At Restoring Health we want to help you to uncover your best you. We believe that attaining healthy and sustainable weight loss is possible and possibly easier than you think. Here at Restoring Health we also believe that you can do it while restoring energy, vitality and longevity. Everyone would love to look younger, feel younger and live longer. That's our plan. Come join us!
Weight loss needs to be a lot of things.
- It needs to work. However, if you have been down the weight loss road a time or two you already know that ALL of the different programs can work, they just don't work for everyone all the time. Essentially, you have to work the plan for the plan to work. Figuring out the best plan and then tweaking that plan and modifying it for the individual is a science and an art. We have the plan.
- It needs to be achievable. You cannot lose 10 pounds in 2 days and keep the weight off. If you could, then I promise we would all know about it and the entire nation would be thin. You should not expect that you are going to get super human results but THIS program, when followed and fit to your own personal health needs and parameters usually results in 1/2-1 lb of weight loss per day. That is an amazing amount of weight if you stop to think about it.
- It needs to balance your body chemistry and pH. Did you know fat cells actually create inflammation and acidity? In order for you to lose weight we have to help you balance your pH. Its a no brainer.
- It needs to take into account the toxic world we live in. Did you know that your body is so smart that it takes chemicals that enter the body that are toxic to you and stores them inside your fat cells? Detoxification is vital to allowing the body to shed excess weight. A sustainable and permanent weight loss program must include a simple and vital detoxification program and education about how to keep from re-toxifying your system. Our program definitely checks this box.
- It needs to address hormonal imbalances in the body that lead to weight gain and to weight loss resistance. Did you know that fat cells actually store excess estrogen? Did you know that an imbalance in your Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis can make you stressed, anxious, overweight and keep your metabolism sluggish? Yup..of course at Restoring Health we address hormone issues too as part of our weight loss program.
- It needs to address the emotional component of eating. You know what I am talking about. You really do. Some people have a big emotional relationship with food and others just simply don't. We will help you identify if you have an emotional component to your weight issues and will help give you resources, tools and techniques to clear those blocks and help your body program itself to WANT to be thin. We will certainly help refer you to a professional counselor if it is needed. We are here for you and want to help you erase and clear any emotional programming that has been part of your weight gain in the past.
- It needs to taste good and be comprised of REAL food. Food that comes out of a window or from a box is not real. 70% of the food consumed in the United States is ultra highly processed. This means its the kind of food you can buy at a gas station. It isn't sustainable for supporting health. At our office we call it Frankenfood. To be honest most of us (including Dr. Vaughn and Dr. O'Keefe) can tell you stories about their favorite frankenfood and fond memories of the days we ate it without ever thinking what it was doing to our health. We also realize that 1 in 2 men in the United States and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer sometime in their life. Setting aside the weight issue we at Restoring Health are passionate about teaching you that food is a MASSIVE contributor to your health. So to help you get healthy and to help you lose weight, our program is based on real food. We share many recipes, many ideas and have a facebook site that uploads more on a weekly basis.
- It needs to be a lifestyle. No one is perfect all the time. There are holidays (not holi-weeks) A good weight loss plan should have a maintenance game plan to help you plan to live AFTER the weight loss is accomplished. We have a maintenance plan that is a cornerstone of our successful weight loss program.